nafex - [nafex] American Persimmon varieties

  • From: Steven C <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] American Persimmon varieties
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:48:12 -0500

American Persimmons:

-Jerry Lehman and Cliff England tell me that 'Valeene Beauty' is I-94... Not
I-94A; though the Claypool records show a higher score for I-94A. However, I
keep finding posts that identify VB as I-94A.

-Is F-25 one of the best varieties?

-What varieties are females that produce some male or perfect-flowers, other
than: Early Golden and its progeny; Dollywood, Szukis, Killen, Meader,
Garrettson?

-Is Mohler a (partially) seedless 90-c variety, even when pollinated by a
90-c male?

-I tried Celebrety (U-20A)... Low-flavor, bland. Maybe the tree was in a
bad spot. Any different experiences?

Thanks,
Steve, NJ