nafex - [nafex] keepsake thread ans sweet 16

  • From: Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] keepsake thread ans sweet 16
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 00:33:33 +0000

Guys; First, thanks as usual to those who weighed in on my Keepsake trial. I
am going to do some more searching around for more info about stuff like
nutrients and festooning (bending branches horizontal). But... all my apples
were golf balls. Three trees are going to get topworked, at a minimum. I
guess there are no Summer Rambo owners out there. What nice, big, strong,
well branched trees. The crop is timid; apples are so-so. Sweet 16
avoided the guillotine this year. Big tall upright trees, some fruit this
year. Good stuff. Here is a case where festooning should help a lot. I
planted a few different LImbertwigs in Maine this year. Who knows what they
will do? A red delicious grown down south looks nothing like our northern
stuff. They look oval. I also planted a King Lucious, some Red Jonaprince and
some Bella, and some Blondee (5 each) from Van Vell. Somebody stop me;
Please! Murph