nafex - [nafex] keepsake apples

  • From: Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] keepsake apples
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 23:31:33 +0000

Guys; I planted 8 of these Keepsakes in 2004. To date,
they have yielded a few small pitiful apples each year. I think they suck.
Can anybody tell me a good reason why I shouldn't topwork 7 of 8 ? Am I
jumping the gun on these trees? They're big, strong trees; pitiful
crop......... Also, Summer Rambo. Probably the strongest, biggest trees in my
orchard. Timid crop as usual. Educate me! Otherwise; I had a decent crop of
20 ounce, pristine, williams pride, opalescent, golden russet, hidden rose,
pound sweet. Macoun, Wolf river, sweet 16 all farted out. Murph