nafex - Re: [nafex] Goji Berry - Wolfberry - Lycium barbarum

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Goji Berry - Wolfberry - Lycium barbarum
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:49:40 -0700 (PDT)

I grew about 250 plants from seeds I got from Prairie Garden Seeds
(http://www.prseeds.ca).  They did really well the first year with only a few
showing frost damage from a really late and hard frost (pulled them out), but
as the grass grew into the patch they started not looking so hot.  They had
one lone berry the first year and nothing since then and they have died
back/the deer ate them off a bunch of times and a whole bunch just died.
They were supposed to get transplanted into my new berry patch (grass free
and closer to the house/dogs) but that didn't happen this year so maybe next
spring.  Certainly not invasive for me, but I'm not giving up on them yet!

Friend in Edmonton have them growing very well and harvest them every year as
well as they have gone wild in one place up there from the Chinese railroad
workers from way back then.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB