nafex - Re: [nafex] Goji Berry - Wolfberry - Lycium barbarum

  • From: "Hansen,Richard Dean" <rdhans01@louisville.edu>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Goji Berry - Wolfberry - Lycium barbarum
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:06:46 +0000

Hi Chris,

They are incredibly easy to grow. The only cultivar I am aware of is crimson
star and I believe One Green World and Raintree Nursery carry them.

They are fairly productive but the BIRDS LOVE THEM! Even the goldfinches eat
the green ones! My experience is that they must be netted or planted by the
hundreds to get any fruit. I eat if right off the bush. The bush is not very
attractive, but vigorous. You should have no problem. It is also easy to root
by airlayering, by my experience.

Richard
Zone 6b-7

Message: 1