nafex - Re: [nafex] Crows!!!

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Crows!!!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

That's interesting and makes me want to ask if anybody knows how to
effectively discourage robins. Here in western PA, they are a small fruit
disaster. They are aggressive, persistent and destroy whole crops of
cherries, blueberries, currants, gooseberries, etc. Just about any small
fruit will be taken before it has a chance to fully ripen. They appear to be
the overwhelmingly dominant fruit-destructive bird here.

I've taken to netting plants on a large scale, but that is expensive and a
lot of work.

The only thing that seems to work a bit is to have lots of cats around in the
growing area. But then you need to work at herding cats, another challenging
task.

I am fairly sure that you are not allowed to hunt or kill them. Any ideas?

Thanks