nafex - Re: [nafex] chernaya lisovenko

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] chernaya lisovenko
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 23:02:01 +0000

Anton,This is the first season trying to propagate black currants. So far,
one of the twigs I put in the ground upon planting Ben More has rooted and is
now growing. Last week I took a broken twig from the orphan (nameless and
generic bonus item from spring sale at Raintree) and put it in a pot in a
cooler north window sill. Then thought to cut a slip from Ben Sarek and plant
it in a pot, too. Both slips are still green. Since the fertility of my
ground is being built up, new growth is only moderate for the new plantings
and I hesitate to cut them back much this year. Lord willing, there will be
three different black currant starts to send your way next March.
Do you pronounce your last name like 'talk'?

Dave Liezen (in English rhymes with 'season,' auf Deutsch lee tsun) zone 6
far E. WA