nafex - Re: [nafex] How do I root pomegranate cuttings?

  • From: John Barbowski <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] How do I root pomegranate cuttings?
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 13:53:04 -0400

*I had 7 POMS two years ago on an Kazake (Siberian), in spite of a short
growing season. The biggest was a bit smaller than a tennis ball, and the
smallest about 2" in diameter. Still, they were juicy and sweet. Last year,
in spite of profuse blossoms, the plant only produces two small fruits. No
fruits yet on another Siberian - Agate.

Cuttings root easily as the previous correspondence indicates. I have used
both a plastic bag humidity system and just plain 'stick in the ground';
both worked well - but I kept the cuttings out of direct sunlight.

I had the Kazake over winter in the ground, but all the shoots died back -
defeats the purpose because they don't produce fruit on the current year's
growth. I moved the plant back into a container.

Some old photos may be seen at:

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/JBarbowski/Pomegranates/

john b*
*
Canadian Zone 6B

(Thornhill, Ont - just north of Toronto)*