nafex - [nafex] Late-ripening sweet cherries: Hudson vs Sweetheart

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Late-ripening sweet cherries: Hudson vs Sweetheart
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:40:48 -0400 (EDT)

I have the following sweet cherries: Benton; Black Gold; & White Gold.
All of the above are self-fertile. I'm looking to add just one more
sweet-cherry - a late ripening variety appropriate for the Northeast.
I suppose the latest-ripening of good quality and crack-resistance are:
Hudson & Sweetheart.
Hudson is self-fertile, whereas Sweetheart is not; if I went with Sweetheart,
would the (some of the) above varieties be in the same
pollination group to pollinate it?

Can you give your opinion as to which of these two late-ripening varieties is
best?
Thanks,
Steve; NJ