nafex - Re: [nafex] Trifoliate is invasive

  • From: "Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Trifoliate is invasive
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:28:07 -0500

Interesting, Alexis; I'd not noticed P.trifoliata showing up on 'invasive'
lists - until now.
There was a 30+ yr old tree (species type, not Flying Dragon) growing in a
courtyard on the campus of the local community college, across the street
from my office, that fruited heavily each year, with the lawn underneath it
a veritable carpet of seedlings that were mowed over every week or two
during 'mowing season'.
Easter Freeze disaster of 2007 killed it to the ground, but the last time I
looked, a couple of years later, the carpet of frequently-mown seedlings was
still hanging in there.

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY