nafex - Re: [nafex] sour cherries, nafex Digest, Vol 109, Issue 22

  • From: "Dave Griffin" <griffingardens@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] sour cherries, nafex Digest, Vol 109, Issue 22
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 05:21:01 -0600

I can't know about anyplace but here but I would suspect if you have rain and heat North Star will get brown rot. My Sumadinka is too young to judge and compare but here is a guess - more acid like it and Surecrop might make for more disease resistance.

I see that Schlabach's has Sumadinka trees for sale this year. They are hard to get ahold of but you can call 866 -600-5203 and leave your name and address for a catalog. Otherwise there is wood in the repository at Davis.

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Covacci" <filtertitle@aol.com>