nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] Horne Creek Farm

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • Cc: Jason Bowen <jason243@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] Horne Creek Farm
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:20:38 -0500

Thanks for the update, the last time I was up there was quite some time
ago. At that time Lee was still very much engaged with the orchard. I'm
really happy to learn that it is not only continuing, but in good hands.
The first time I went up there I had to ask several of the staff (I don't
know if they were employees, volunteers, etc. but were very helpful) where
the orchard was. Thinking back, I had no idea it had been so long since
I'd been up - it has probably been 7 years or so. The first time I went
was because Lee told me about it, and trees were still being planted. I'll
have to go back to look around - after that long it will be a whole new
place. Something to look forward to in the spring!

Thanks again, I don't know Jason but I wish he and all of Horne Creek well.
Especially these days when funds for just about everything that is part of
the state are being cut.

Chris