nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] facebook - likes - fans

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] facebook - likes - fans
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:38:37 -0500

It may be unavoidable, but I'm concerned about NAFEX fragmenting into a batch of separate groups, with little or no communication among them.

I don't think it's only because of my age that I'm not interested in Facebook. I know a number of people under 40 who don't want to go there either; in part because of the hassle involved in frequently changing rules, privacy options, etc.

I have the uneasy feeling that we're going to wind up with some of the NAFEX conversation on Facebook; some of it on Google+; some of it on whatever social network comes along next (and then on whatever one comes along after that, etc.); some of it on the forums; and some of it on this list; while the fruit growers still not online, whether because of connectivity problems or religious reasons, get dropped out of the conversation entirely, to both their detriment and ours.

I don't see any way to prevent that happening. But I'm not happy about it.