nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sour cherry cultivars for zone 6b/7a

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sour cherry cultivars for zone 6b/7a
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 03:47:56 +0000

English Morello is an old cv. (more like the botanic equivalent of a land
race) that does very well here in zone 5/6. It blooms and ripens late, but
with a bit of care (netting, or red beads to fake out birds) i have enjoyed
excellent crops. I didn't use the decoy spray contemplated for this year and
had much fewer maggots than last year. It was a record-late spring.Worth a
try, and quite compact a tree. Dave Liezen Spokane, WA