nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting workshop

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting workshop
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 08:17:13 -0500

I'm pretty sure someone else on this list reported poor success with
toilet-sealer-goo. There might be something in it that plants don't like.

The easiest thing I've ever used to seal grafts is parafilm. It's pricey to
buy, but one roll lasts forever. I've had good success with both melted wax
and "grafting compound", but both are a pain to use. I had decent success
with strips of plastic cut from the produce bags at the supermarket. Someone
here reported that he does gazillions of grafts using nothing but masking
tape, and he has good success, but when I tried it a lot of my grafts dried
up and died.

Ginda
Eastern MA, zone 6