nafex - [NAFEX] When can I transplant persimmon seedlings?

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] When can I transplant persimmon seedlings?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:53:28 -0500 (EST)

Group:
When can I dig up my 2 to 3 year old American persimmon seedlings? Most of
them still have some leaves on them, and some of them have just dropped their
leaves; all of them will be without leaves in about a week. So, in zone
6b/7a New Jersey, when can I dig these up? I'd rather do it now then in the
spring, unless it's advisable to do it in the spring.
Btw, a few weeks ago, I transplanted a couple of these seedlings and they
quickly dried out their leaves and defoliated, so I think those died. But I
suppose I can now do it, or soon.
Thanks,
Steve; NJ 6b/7a