nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Gumosis in prunus?

  • From: William McNam <billmcnam@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Gumosis in prunus?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

Horseradish as a "peach tree borer"  deterrent is just my personal experience
(i.e. "anecdotal), and not a "fact'.
Needs to be confirmed or refuted by a larger testing.
mothballs or other herbs with a lot of aromatic oils such as oregano might be
equally efective.

.../but horseradish is a good source of the powerful anti-oxident
"superoxide dismutase".:http://www.lablife.org/p?a=products_show&id=328023