nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hello winter

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hello winter
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:46:28 -0400

On Sep 16, 2011, at 12:46 AM, mIEKAL aND wrote:

> I was expecting 38 last night so I didn't drag in all the subtropical
> plants I have spread around the yard. I woke up this morning to 33 and
> a lot of unhappy plants...

I have a mango seedling in my mulch pile/compost heap. We ate a lot of mangos
this summer, and the seeds went into the pile, and I guess one sprouted.

I expect it to die tonight, or in the next few days. The season has turned. I
suppose I could dig it up and put it in a pot indoors. There isn't any chance
of actually growing a mango to fruiting size in a window, is there?

It's a neat looking plant - all glossy and tropical. Completely unlike
anything else in the yard right now. And hey, the local critters have left it
alone so far. :)

Ginda
easter MA, zone 6