nafex - [NAFEX] pears

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pears
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:43:21 -0700

Pears vary greatly in taste.

First a great divide is Asian vs European.

And within each are several types.

The leaves of several Asians are more attractive (leaf shape) compared to
most Europeans in my opinion.

Many pears need a pollinator and a few need two or more pollinators.

For decoration I would consider Atlantic Queen or Rescue for large fruit size
that looks interesting. For looks I like Cojuro (large floppy leaves) and
for shape Seckle.

All have wonderful taste.

My favorite for taste is a tree ripe Harvest Queen(close to pure sugar) and
Magness (you need two pollinators) or Warren.

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] pears, fuwa fuwa usagi, 09/15/2011