nafex - [NAFEX] controlling fireblight in apples

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] controlling fireblight in apples
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:11:55 -0500

http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/articles/FB-MANAGE00.html

Richard Moyer wrote me to explain that this particular article about fire
blight was very good and I agree. It is geared towards commercial
production but anyone who has been challenged by fireblight problems on any
fruit should find it interesting and to some degree, useful.

The complaint I made about the quality of advice coming from universities
for home orchardists in no way was meant to suggest that the same
universities don't generally provide excellent advice for commercial
production- I think they do. They even provide plenty of good advice for
home growers but that advice is much less reliable IMO