nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Artist revives Marshall strawberry

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Artist revives Marshall strawberry
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:19:28 -0400

Where did you see a picture?

I was in Germany this year during strawberry season, and I was interested to
see that German strawberries have a different shape than American
strawberries. Oh, and they were delicious. They also command a large premium
in the (German) market over the larger, flavorless imports that they also get
from sunnier parts of the EU, like Spain. My guess is that good strawberries
will always be local strawberries, as good strawberries don't travel well.

Ginda
Eastern MA, zone 6