nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hardy kiwi ripening off vine?

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hardy kiwi ripening off vine?
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:43:02 -0500

Hi Paul, We usually pick them hard and let them ripen at room temp. or put them in the fridge to keep them longer (then let them ripen at room temp. A few soft ripe ones is usually our sign that it's time to pick, but for us that is usually Sept. It can vary year to year. Pick a few and see if they ripen inside to a pleasant sweetness. Leaving on the vine too long makes them an awful mess to pick, just soft and mashy. Hector Black, zone 6 middle tn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cabe, Paul" <CabeP@wlu.edu>