nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Question

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Question
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 08:01:25 -0400 (EDT)

> " I have not subscribed to NAFEX, believing that most members, and POMONA
> contributers for example, are professional cultivators who make their
> living or part of it through agriculture."

As Deb wrote, "Not true."

I've been a member for about 25 years, attended many annual meetings. By
far the greatest number of members are amateur back yard growers. Many of us
suffer from the disease, "Justonemorevariety." As such we often gain
experience with the species wherein our greatest interest lays and contribute
others from experience gained. It is not a professional or commodity
organization. And we are fortunate to have a few professional members to help
us.

Neither Pomona or our web site sell advertising. Membership and involvement
is vital to the NAFEX organization to cover expenses and assure it's
continued existence. Officers receive no pay.

Jerry