nafex - Re: [NAFEX] The pawpaw's stamp of approval (Christian Science Monitor)

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] The pawpaw's stamp of approval (Christian Science Monitor)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:00:49 -0600

There is one variety that is supposed to be self-fertile - Sunflower.

I am trying to grow some pawpaws here in NM. I've seen one tree that a friend has grown. It looked a little bleached out from the intense sun here but apparently is growing well for my friend. Don't know if it has fruited.

Lots of pawpaws in western NY. I've seen them in Ithaca, where they sometimes appear in roadside fruit stands in the fall.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days