nafex - [NAFEX] Gravenstein apples' precarious future - latimes.com

  • From: Betty Mayfield <bmayfield@opusnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Gravenstein apples' precarious future - latimes.com
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:26:58 -0700

To the list,

Here is a Los Angeles Times story on the future of Gravenstein apples in California. Despite their superior taste, some growers say they can make more money planting grapes. I have an old Gravenstein that I wouldn't trade for anything.

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-gravenstein-20110811,0,5841970.story

Betty Mayfield
northwest Oregon

  • [NAFEX] Gravenstein apples' precarious future - latimes.com, Betty Mayfield, 08/14/2011