nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Robins and Evans Cherries

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Robins and Evans Cherries
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 02:28:15 +0000

My ducks have proven they can't count (leave two wooden decoy eggs on the
nest and she'll sit on them as if there were 6 times that many).
I imagine most birds wouldn't notice if the hard beads were 1/4" larger or
smaller than the fruit you hope to protect (happens in nature that not all
fruits are of uniform size). If I hadn't already netted my Morello pie cherry
tree against birds, I'd try some red beads about a month before harvest.
Dave Liezen, zone5/6 E. WA