nafex - [NAFEX] PAR garden in Raleigh, NC

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] PAR garden in Raleigh, NC
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:28:37 -0500

I've been involved in the Plant a Row for the Hungry movement since 1997, and
I've found that fruit growers are big contributors. I'm asking y'all to look
at the link below about a Plant a Row chapter which is trying to win a fruit
orchard to feed the hungry. If you are inclined, please vote online for the
organization.
Thanks,
Doreen Howard

Below is the link for a recent Raleigh, NC, TV news video about the Plant A
Row for the Hungry garden in Smithfield at the Johnston Community College and
their hope of winning a fruit orchard for the PAR effort. It would be a big
help to them if you can vote for Johnston Community College to help them win
a fruit orchard to assist in feeding the needy in their community.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/johnston-county/2011/jul/21/johnston-community-college-national-competition-wi-ar-1227727/

Voting must take place before July 31, 2011.

  • [NAFEX] PAR garden in Raleigh, NC, Doreen Howard, 07/26/2011