nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Parting is such sweet sorrow

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Parting is such sweet sorrow
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:26:56 +0000

No gooseberries here that I know of. Relations from Nord Dakoda (Norskies, o'
course) rave about 'em. I wouldn't know.

Washington state and the surrounding area has endured the wettest, coldest
spring in living memory; several monthly records for precip. Crops are way
behind. I called two orchards today hoping to pick cherries and they will
open tomorrow for U-pick cherries - at least three weeks behind the norm.
Looks bad for late ripening apples, unless we get a miracle fall to
compensate...

Dave Liezen