nafex - [NAFEX] What's eating my pear trees?

  • From: "Randy Burd" <burdrs@gmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] What's eating my pear trees?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 20:28:30 -0400

To all,

My 2 yr old pears has something that appears to be eating their young leaves
and tender shoots. The leaves first look like something chewed them starting
from the edges and then the tender branches eventually have no more leaves
at all. The growth shoots have turned black at the tips.

I have looked for some kind of insect can find none. Whatever it is appears
to be now going after the peaches but seem to be sparing the apples.

Any ideas? Organic solutions?

Thanks!

Randy

  • [NAFEX] What's eating my pear trees?, Randy Burd, 07/07/2011