nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Powdery mildew on Constort black currants

  • From: anton ptak <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Powdery mildew on Constort black currants
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:40:49 -0500

miekal,

check out whitman farms for titania and ben lomand at very reasonable wholesale prices. i sourced both, among other things, from lucile whitman this year and everything looks good.

and regarding currant diseases . . .

regarding currants, my main problem has been anthracnose or leaf spot. i start to notice it after fruit set. it has been the worst on my pixwell gooseberries, which are already loosing leaves. it is also noticeable, especially last year on red lake, pink champagne, and jonakeer von tets currants. it has not at all affected my chernaya lisovenko black currants and you can really tell in the amount of extra growth those plants exhibit over the other affected plants that i put in the ground at the same time. this year i put in titania, ben lomand, primus currants and invicta and colossal gooseberry so we'll see how those fare. . .

anton ptak
zone 4a w. wisc