nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Leaf blotch

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Leaf blotch
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:51:44 -0400

On Jun 20, 2011, at 7:52 PM, Randy Burd wrote:

To all,

I have noticed leaves on some of my apple trees that turn yellow and then
fall off. I found a picture on the Web that makes me think that the disease
is necrotic leaf blotch.

Does anyone have an organic solution?

Apparently not exactly a disease, in that it seems to be caused by the weather, not by an organism. The PDF that's the first link on this page

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22necrotic+leaf+blotch%22+%22organic+control%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

says that it's a "Physiological disorder caused by alternating wet and dry periods. Yellow leaves or blotches. Can cause leaf drop. Could be remedied by spraying Zinc. Golden delicious is most susceptible."