nafex - [NAFEX] How large will an unpruned sweet cherry get on Gisela-6 rootstock?

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] How large will an unpruned sweet cherry get on Gisela-6 rootstock?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:48:27 -0400 (EDT)

Group:

How large will an unpruned sweet cherry (i.e. cv. 'Lapins') get on Gisela-6
roostock? Some say around 15'; I suspect 35', as others have suggested.

Will a sweet cherry on a Gisela roostock have a long life-span? I've seen
very old cherry trees, but I have no idea whether the rootstocks were just
the straight species or even if these are seedlings.

Thanks,
Steve; NJ 6b/7a

  • [NAFEX] How large will an unpruned sweet cherry get on Gisela-6 rootstock?, Steven Covacci, 06/11/2011