nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: trapping rabbits?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: trapping rabbits?
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:31:11 -0700

Comment from my son on masking scent on traps.
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/

Begin forwarded message:

If they're interested, both vanilla and anise extract also work very well, for just about any animals. They completely mask human scent, aren't species-specific, and will even attract some animals, such as beaver.

my $0.02.

For rabbits I've had success with apple slices.  Get
some apple cider as
well because rabbits are very sensitive to smells.  I
washed the traps, wore
latex exam gloves when handling them, and then after
baiting them with the
apple slices, I sprayed apple cider all over the traps and
near openings to
mask any off-putting scents.

  • [NAFEX] Fwd: trapping rabbits?, Lon J. Rombough, 06/04/2011