nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Looking for certain plum varietries

  • From: John Bunker <john.p.bunker@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Looking for certain plum varietries
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:40:26 -0400

Without digging too deeply into my notes, I'm guessing that many, most or all of these are the introductions of JL Budd. I have seen the lists of many plum collectors over the years and none of these rings a bell. The NY breeder might do best to contact Iowa State U if she/he has not already doe so. Or, maybe the Cedar Rapids Historical Society, since he (Budd) lived and worked in Benton County for some number of years. If you'd like to connect me with the breeder, I'd be happy to see if I can assist.
Best,
John Bunker
Fedco
trees@fedcoseeds.com