nafex - Re: [NAFEX] off topic: foxes

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] off topic: foxes
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:41:08 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/2011 6:35:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
list@ginda.us writes:

> Weird looking fox, for what it's worth. I think it's a red fox (the
> species, that is), but his back is mostly brown. Sort of a mottled fox. I
> have seen a gray fox in the area, but I think those are larger than this
> one.

Foxes are welcome here, but haven't seen one in years. Watched one for
quite some time once searching through tall grass and dead leaves. I suppose
for
mice or voles. I've been told the coyotes kill them and we have coyotes. Re
the mottled look wonder if he could be molting last winter's coat.

Jerry