nafex - [NAFEX] Looking for Soil Mix Recipes for Potting Apple Bench Grafts

  • From: Sherlock Terry <sherlocksmith@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Looking for Soil Mix Recipes for Potting Apple Bench Grafts
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 10:10:30 -0400

I'm thinking of potting a number of apple bench grafts from Greenmantle
(various standard, semi, and dwarf rootstocks) in order to keep them away
from deer and to free up some valuable garden bed space. Can a few people
weigh in with a recommended container size (I plan on fall planting if
possible) and soil mix recipes? Thanks.

-Sherlock
Z4 VT
Green tip right now on the apples at my place.

  • [NAFEX] Looking for Soil Mix Recipes for Potting Apple Bench Grafts, Sherlock Terry, 05/05/2011