nafex - [NAFEX] grey fuzz on scions

  • From: mike engle <speigletown@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] grey fuzz on scions
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:20:24 -0400

Last week I cut some scionwood off of my vines(cayuga white) and some wild
concord vines. Cleaned them up, dipped them in rooting hormone and put them
in a black trash bag , wrapped in damp paper towers. I put them in a room
which is 75-80 degrees. I took a look at them today, a week later and there
is some grey fuzz on some of the scion wood. Is this a fungus?

also, unless I'm clueless, I'm not seeing any callus, only some of the buds
are pushing.

Should I start over next year, keep on going and put them in "soil" or
something else? I may be able to get a picture, if that would help.

Michael Engle
Troy, NY - Zone 5

  • [NAFEX] grey fuzz on scions, mike engle, 04/06/2011