nafex - [NAFEX] Elderberries in Canada

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Elderberries in Canada
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 15:01:09 -0400

I know I'm losing it but last year I found a website for a nursery in Canada that had several cultivars of Elderberry available. In fact their websire had a wealth of information on Elderberries in general, giving me the impression that this was their major crop. I do remember they sold some other berry plants, but this seemed secondary to the elderberries given the amount of space and information dedicated to them in the website.

Now of course, I'm ready to buy and I can't find the website (I was to dumb to have bookmarked it). Does anyone know of any elderberry growers in Canada? I am looking to try some named varieties to compare production with the wild one I believe is growing out back.

Thanks,

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC