nafex - [NAFEX] Grape trellis spans

  • From: Christopher Kennel <ckennel@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grape trellis spans
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:33:19 -0600

I plan to install a 55 foot long Geneva double curtain trellis for table
grapes this spring and want to minimize the number of intermediate/middle
posts I use. Provided my end post bracing system is strong enough, can I do
the entire span with only my end posts? I'll be using 12.5 gauge high
tensile wire with gripples and can easily double or triple up the wires to
strengthen the system if necessary.

Thanks,
Chris Kennel
Denver, CO
zone 5

  • [NAFEX] Grape trellis spans, Christopher Kennel, 04/01/2011