nafex - [NAFEX] Potted loquats

  • From: rmelrose@danvilleVT.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Potted loquats
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:51:51 -0400 (EDT)

Anyone out there have experience growing Loguat (as in Eriobotrya japonica)
in a pot? I have two sprouted from seed (different cultivars too) and both
are doing pretty well inside in a sunny cool room over winter; they will go
outside if it every warms up here.

The main question I have is as to flowering and fruiting. Has anyone had
any success? What can I expect -- how old and large do they need to be
etc. Figs, lemons and limes are doing okay in the same conditions -- I
usually get figs in late Summer into Fall if I get them into the sun in
Spring without burning the leaves off (done that twice) and manage to keep
the critters away. The lemons are more reliable as long as they don't dry
out at any point during winter.

Richard
VT z3b/4a.