nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Joel bush cherry

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Joel bush cherry
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:55:48 -0500

The Joel cherries were planted in the same area as a bunch of Bali & a
couple Nanking bush cherries. Both the Nankings & Balis have been
fruiting for 4 years & the Bali are nearly full sized already. The
Joel is about 3 feet high & had maybe 20 fruit this year. I thought
the cherries were quite good & Im more than happy to have some
cherries ripen that time of the year.

I did have to grow it in a tree tube because of rabbit pressure, it's
possible the tree tube is having some kind of stunting effect on it,
but I use tubes on Nankings all the time for the first 2-3 years &
never had a problem with them.

~mIEKAL