nafex - [NAFEX] Thanks! (Old apple trees)

  • From: Alan Yelvington <alany@semparpac.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Thanks! (Old apple trees)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:53:48 -0500

Many thanks to everybody that responded directly or to the list about my old-apple-tree question.

It makes sense to me that these were once grafted trees that were the scion was intentionally permitted to root. The trees are reported to be very productive, with quality fruit, so I don't think that they were planted from seed.

We're getting a thaw this week, and I'll visit them if I can get through the mud and slush. I'd love to push back the brambles, trim some smoker wood, and maybe promote some growth out of them!

Best regards to all,

Al

  • [NAFEX] Thanks! (Old apple trees), Alan Yelvington, 02/15/2011