nafex - [NAFEX] fireblight ressitant pear source

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fireblight ressitant pear source
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:28:46 -0600

Cummins is certainly one good source for pears to grow in the humid part of
the country. You would also be well served to consider Adams County Nursery
which sells individual trees although most of their trees go to commercial
growers in bundles of 5 and quantities of hundreds.

Harrow sweet is a very nice FB resistant pear they're carrying now and they
have a few others.

I like a nursery to tell me ahead of time what is the caliber of the trees
I'm getting and Adams does that for me. Cummins- not so much.

  • [NAFEX] fireblight ressitant pear source, Alan Haigh, 02/11/2011