nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Citrus Question and Medlar Question

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Citrus Question and Medlar Question
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:32:28 -0800

Sorry. I forgot to put the location. South Pasadena, CA (but in the most
shady part of the yard. Almost never gets direct sun.)

Since my parents never saved the tags, I don't know whether it was Ponderosa
for sure. The ones that were shaped better seemed like Eureka or Lisbon to
me. But most folks here aren't leaping to suggest soil-borne disease so I
guess it's okay to replant in the same place. I tried to persuade them to
plant citrus in a sunnier place, but my mom's gardening focus is on lawn and
hibiscus and those get the prime spaces. :-/

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net

South Pasadena, CA