nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Citrus Question and Medlar Question

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Citrus Question and Medlar Question
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:43:47 -0600

Hi Megan, The medlar is closely related to the Loquat. I've never tried, but a graft might work. We've used pear and quince, but my suspicion would be that apple is too far removed genetically.

I've also had citrus dry out if kept too long on the tree. Ours are all in pots of course and moved indoors for the winter.
Hector Black, zone 6 middle tn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Spidra Webster" <spidra@gmail.com>