nafex - Re: [NAFEX] goats

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] goats
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 13:38:18 -0500

here are some Bad Goat photos, I guess they will come through.
in second photo, you will see a fainting goat actually running away from the dog, this is just a moment before his hind legs would lock up, and he would  have to run like a wheelbarrow, only on the front legs.
If someone tells you that fainting goats can't jump, here is your evidence.
I had to practically WRAP those 2 old vehicles up with wire to keep the goats off them.
one thing I found out, goats won't go where their feet feel trapped... so I ROLLED up wire, the 2x4" sort, into a sort of jelly roll, and put it in strategic places. But it was a real pain .
Amy