nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ka-Bluey blueberry

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ka-Bluey blueberry
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 21:04:54 -0600

Sorry if I've been posting too much recently, but when I'm not feeling well, I websurf and post to NAFEX.

Melissa,  I've had the flu and been snowed in a lot, so if any of you got tired of me lately, don't worry, I'll be up out of my chair soon.  Finally got halfway well and had some decent weather, transplanted some hazels.  This is very interesting about the Ka-Bluey blueberry.  Is.... I've been looking, and the info is apparently not on the Net.  Is it northern, rabbiteye, or a cross???  I've wanted their Ozark Blue, which is a cross and said to be as vigorous as Rabbiteye.  I do have 2 plants of Summit, of similar breeding, and it is doing much better than the one northern and 2 southern highbush I have left alive.  Looks like it's going to be a monster eventually.