nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hardy Pomegranate cultivars; nafex Digest, Vol 95, Issue 8

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hardy Pomegranate cultivars; nafex Digest, Vol 95, Issue 8
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:52:18 -0500

Steven, the shorter-season varieties I was referring to there are kiwis.  Blake and Exbury are two particular ones I am trying.  For pomegranates my impression is most of the hardy ones ripen early enough so season length is not as big a problem as it is with fuzzy kiwis.  Ashton's excellent book on pomegranates has good information on hardy pomegranates.

Scott