nafex - Re: [NAFEX] out-of-zone blackberries

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] out-of-zone blackberries
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:11:13 -0500

Melissa, in my area we usually have snowcover only a few weeks of the year
(last year being a mammoth exception) so I can't rely on a regular snow cover
as Jim can. Depending on how reliable your snowcover is you may also need to
cover them. I also don't know how they will do in 5a, that is more than a
zone warmer than mine. That said I'm happy to sell you a few to trial, just
send me an email to reserve them.

Scott z6/7 MD