nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 94, Issue 21 (re: persimmon species)

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 94, Issue 21 (re: persimmon species)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:12:00 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2010 2:55:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, filtertitle@aol.com writes:

I had a feeling that D. texana (which I falsely called black sapote) would be excellent.  Is its flavor similar to that of D. virginiana, or does it have its own flavor, such as D. kaki vs D. virginiana?

Hi Steve,

As I recall the flavor was somewhere between virginiana and lotus, but was better than I thought it would be by looking at it. It was small with many seeds. One would need a lot of fruit to extract a pint of pulp.

Jerry